Sutton in Ashfield Rambling Club
Programme - Supplementary Information
in the Peak District, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Yorkshire and Staffordshire
We enjoy fortnightly Sunday
rambles with a coach journey to the destination, incorporating a wide
range of scenery. Theres no necessity to book in advance. Please
click for the latest rambles calendar and details of the next ramble.
Departure. We are currently using Skills coach company and there
are a number of departure points available. (With the agreement of the
leader other pick-up points on the bus route may be available).
of Life" pub, Hack Lane
Street end, opposite Asda
Side, (Blue Bell)
Nell Gwyn pub, Sutton Road
|Bancroft Lane(outside new Asda store), Sutton Road
rambles finish no later than 6.30 pm. Distance approx 10 miles with invariably
finish earlier in accordance with the available daylight. These walks
will usually be of a shorter duration.
Rambles. Our summer programme will include a popular range of monthly
local rambles of 4/5 miles duration.
Advice.To enhance your enjoyment of the walks we would advise you
to bring the following items with you:
- Comfortable walking boots
- Waterproof cagoule and
- Packed lunch/tea and sufficient
liquid (we normally visit a pub or café but there are exceptions)
- Sufficient spare clothing-fleece,
jacket, gloves, hat, sunhat (depending on season)
- Waterproof mat to sit on
- Basic first-aid kit (plasters
as a minimum)
- Mobile phone (this is optional
and some of the areas we cover do not have reception)
- Map, compass, whistle,
Club donation to NCH charity
- Participants of walks take
part at their own risk
- Any participants seen to
be dropping litter or behaving in an antisocial manner will be barred
from attending future rambles
- No dogs or other animals
allowed on the coach.
- Participants must not smoke
on the coach
- The club do not accept and are not insured for members who leave the main party. It is very important to notify the leader if you decide to leave the main group. The leaders spend a lot of time and effort in planning the walks and both existing members and new members are encouraged to support the leader and stay with him for the duration of the ramble.
We hope you enjoy walking with
the Sutton in Ashfield Rambling Club.